Tuesday, February 22, 2022, is Election Day in Kentucky's 42nd House District! Know your rights when voting and see if you live in the 42nd, where to vote, and what to take with you.
The 42nd District stretches from Park Duvalle in the West End through Old Louisville to Crescent Hill. This special election is to fill the 42nd District's seat after Representative Reginald Meeks retired in 2021.
- Find out if you live in the 42nd House District, see where you need to go to vote, and view a sample ballot here.
- See which forms of ID to take with you here.
- Know your rights when voting here.
All people in line by 6PM can vote.
Acceptable forms of ID:
A photo ID issued by any government entity in Kentucky, the military, or a college or university is the simplest option.
If you don't have one of those IDs, ask for a Voter Affirmation Form and bring one of these types of ID:
- Social Security card
- ID card with your name and photo
- Food stamp ID card, electronic benefit transfer card, or SNAP card issued by Kentucky and showing your name
- Credit or debit card showing your name
The boundaries of the 42nd district for this election are based on the maps in use when Rep. Meeks was in office. The new maps passed by the General Assembly earlier in 2022 do not apply.